Sharon goes to the woodshed

  • Sharon L. Shannon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2000
      WendellWag@... wrote:

      >I have to inform
      >you that this quote apparently isn't from John Wayne.

      Well, I do appreciate your correcting me on the John/June Wayne quote. I try
      to be very careful to quote only that which I find verifiable, and I was,
      apparently, amiss on this one. It will not be used again.

      >when you quote a previous
      >post in one of your own posts, make sure that you don't >quote any more of
      the
      >post than necessary.

      Now that I have had my wrist slapped about the quote thing, I will comment
      on your, as you put it, other "obnoxious quibble". I am very aware that one
      should never post long, extraneous portions of a previous post on a list. My
      years of participating in discussion groups have given me much experience
      with this. That particular post was what is called an ACCIDENT, brought on
      by post-holiday fatigue and trying to accomplish too many things at once. I
      simply hit the Send button before I had finished editing. I was quickly
      chastised by the list owner (who emailed me privately about it rather than
      embarrass me in front of the entire list membership) for my transgression
      and apologized immediately to her for my lapse, which I now extend to all
      the members of the list who were equally offended.

      I would like to have responded to you more personally, but you did not sign
      your name.

      Since I am returning now to safe, secure lurkdom, I trust there will be no
      further need for quibbling, obnoxious or otherwise.

      Sharon
      no quotes=safe quotes
    • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2000
        In a message dated 01/03/2000 3:31:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        ionaskye@... writes:

        << no quotes=safe quotes >>
        Okay this sounds like a good time for me to generate some of my own quotes
        the way all my buds did in the good old dark ages or was it middle ages, i
        can't really remember it's been so long....

        lizzie

        Raven Jerusalem

        Barukh atah Adonai Eloheinu, melekh ha-Olam
        (Blessed are You O Lord our God, Ruler of the Cosmos)

        God speaks Hebrew, Dragons speak Welsh;
        I better go back to school!
      • WendellWag@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2000
          ionaskye@... writes:

          > I would like to have responded to you more personally, but you
          > did not sign your name.

          Sorry. Since most of my name is in my AOL name, and I've known a lot of the
          people on this board for a couple of decades, I forget that there are also a
          lot of people here who I've never met. I also forget that I need to sign my
          name. I don't have to in my posts on our internal boards at work, since the
          name of the poster is automatically put into the header.

          On another board that I regularly post to, my online name is just "Wendell
          Wagner", unlike most of the people there, who use exotic online names. This
          made me sound like Forrest Gump recently when I went to a real-life meeting
          of the local people who post to that board. I introduced myself by saying,
          "My screen name is Wendell Wagner. In real life, people call me Wendell
          Wagner."

          I remain

          Your humble servant,