Re: [mythsoc] plots and pocket framistans

  • jamcconney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 10, 2003
      In a message dated 11/10/2003 11:22:35 PM Central Standard Time,
      Stolzi@... writes:

      > Up on the shrill sea-downs and up
      > Went Alfred all alone,
      > Turning but once ere the door was shut,
      > Shouting to Eldred over his butt,
      > That he bring all spears to the woodman's hut
      > Hewn under Egbert's stone.

      WONDERFUL!

      Anne

    • John C. Meyers
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 15, 2003
        Just saw this in today's NYTimes email (free registration required; link
        isn't free in about a week):

        Going at the Changes in, Ya Know, English
        By EMILY EAKIN
        In his new book, "Doing Our Own Thing," the linguist and
        cultural critic John McWhorter paints an elaborate picture
        of a culture in linguistic upheaval.

        <http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/15/arts/15JOHN.html>

        Once again, mythies are ahead of the curve!

        John (lurker since the GEnie days)