Re: [mythsoc] Of Sitcom Plots and Pocket Framistans: The Trouble with Rowling's Plotting

  • alexeik@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 10, 2003
      In a message dated 11/9/3 3:30:40 AM, Wendell Wagner wrote:

      <<There
      doesn't seem to be any bounds to the magic that can be performed in Rowling's
      universe. >>

      You may change your mind about this particular point once you actually finish
      the book. One of the main things Harry learns in this volume is that there
      *are* rigorous bounds to what magic can do.
      Alexei
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 10, 2003
        From: "Elizabeth Apgar Triano" <lizziewriter@...>

        > PLEASE tell me that we find out the scoop about Snape. I will read that
        > book sooner rather than later if I have some sort of carrot reward to look
        > forward to.

        Well, in a way. Harry sees Snape as a student and gets an understanding of
        why Snape is so distrustful of him.

        Berni