Re: [mythsoc] plots and pocket framistans

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 10, 2003
      At 08:54 AM 11/10/2003 , Elizabeth Apgar Triano wrote:
      >>Why, encourage him to keep trying, not to give up.
      >
      >Yes, and that's what they did. What I meant was, they couldn't do anything
      >more than that because they were physically incapable of freeing him
      >themselves. >>
      >
      >Yeah, that would have taken a Really Big Sparrow.

      Now that's a fantasy novel that might be amusing to read.

      >Nice to have all this chat when I stop to check email; making jewelry this
      >morning. Gemstones all over the table. Stop by, maybe you'd have to crack
      >a smile and find an elven treasure. Another month or so and we will have
      >that special winter light.

      If you have a website, maybe you could post some photos?

      - David Bratman
    • John C. Meyers
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 15, 2003
        Just saw this in today's NYTimes email (free registration required; link
        isn't free in about a week):

        Going at the Changes in, Ya Know, English
        By EMILY EAKIN
        In his new book, "Doing Our Own Thing," the linguist and
        cultural critic John McWhorter paints an elaborate picture
        of a culture in linguistic upheaval.

        <http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/15/arts/15JOHN.html>

        Once again, mythies are ahead of the curve!

        John (lurker since the GEnie days)