Re: [mythsoc] Re: Gripes about LOTR films

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 10, 2003
      At 07:25 AM 11/10/2003 , I wrote:

      >Anybody who wants to say that they personally prefer the book to the movie,
      >that's their personal taste and they're welcome to it.

      *sigh* I meant people who "prefer the movie to the book," of course.
      _Both_ parties are welcome to their personal taste. I'm in the "prefer the
      book to the movie" camp myself, of course.

      - David Bratman
    • aveeris523@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 10, 2003
        A friend of mine has an excellent T-shirt bearing the words: "Never judge a
        book by it's movie."
        Steve Gaddis

      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 11, 2003
          Where can I get one of those in 3x? ---djb

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • SusanPal@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 2003
            Where can I get one of those that knows the difference between the possessive
            form of "it" and the contraction for "it is"?

            Susan (feeling grouchy and pedantic after grading freshman-comp papers)