Rabbit Gentlemen in literature

  • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
      The talk of Peter Rabbit sparked an old thought, has anyone seen anything,
      scholarly att least, as to the old Uncle Wiggley books? I always loved
      those growing up and found out only a few years ago that the author, Howard
      R. Garis, also wrote a good many of the Tom Swift books in the literary
      sweat shops of Victor Appleton II. I was just wondering, I think it would
      be a shame if Garis' contribution to the world of talking rabbits went
      unnoticed.
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
        http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?follow-pro=1&vwcatalog=doverpu
        blications&catalog=doverpublications&query=Uncle%20Wiggley

        Drat, the link split. Anyway, Dover has them. I thought I saw them in the
        catalog, and tried to search the site to send a link. I think the basic
        URL is doverpublications.com.

        Lizzie Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
          In a message dated 11/10/2003 6:53:37 AM Central Standard Time,
          lizziewriter@... writes:

          > Dover has them

          Dover has =lots= of wonderful old stuff, it's a recommended catalog or site,
          with me, for book lovers (not that I want to go back to Uncle Wiggily, meself)

          Peter Rabbit forever!

          Diamond Proudbrook

        • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
            Thanks for the suggestions but i was wondering more about if anything say
            autobiographical had been written about the author, or if anything had been
            done about why the books were so popular when they were written, and almost
            forgotten now, excpet of course for the board game which in its third or so
            reproduction.
            lizziewriter@... writes:

            > Dover has them

            Dover has =lots= of wonderful old stuff, it's a recommended catalog or
            site,
            with me, for book lovers (not that I want to go back to Uncle Wiggily,
            meself)

            Peter Rabbit forever!

            Diamond Proudbrook

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor