Re: [mythsoc] Of Sitcom Plots and Pocket Framistans: The Trouble with Rowling's Plotting

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 9, 2003
      Right through book 5, we have a very puzzling portrayal of
      Dumbledore who is acting totally different from how he was in earlier books.
      He's cold and unresponsive and doesn't seem to care about Harry. This is
      all from Harry's point of view. It's not until the end of the book that we
      find out why Dumbledore has behaved like this. >>

      PLEASE tell me that we find out the scoop about Snape. I will read that
      book sooner rather than later if I have some sort of carrot reward to look
      forward to.

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Carl F. Hostetter
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2003
        On Nov 9, 2003, at 11:31 AM, David S. Bratman wrote:

        > But it's not unrealistic. I am very VERY used to people disbelieving
        > or
        > ignoring everything I say, and portraying themselves as idiots as,
        > frequently eschewing actual arguments, they insult and abuse me in
        > absurd
        > terms

        Yeah, the Internet is quite frustrating that way, ennit? ;)
      • alexeik@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 10, 2003
          In a message dated 11/9/3 3:30:40 AM, Wendell Wagner wrote:

          <<There
          doesn't seem to be any bounds to the magic that can be performed in Rowling's
          universe. >>

          You may change your mind about this particular point once you actually finish
          the book. One of the main things Harry learns in this volume is that there
          *are* rigorous bounds to what magic can do.
          Alexei
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 10, 2003
            From: "Elizabeth Apgar Triano" <lizziewriter@...>

            > PLEASE tell me that we find out the scoop about Snape. I will read that
            > book sooner rather than later if I have some sort of carrot reward to look
            > forward to.

            Well, in a way. Harry sees Snape as a student and gets an understanding of
            why Snape is so distrustful of him.

            Berni