Re: [mythsoc] Shippey's Road

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2003
      It appears so. Here's his academic homepage: >>

      Thank you, Wendell. St Louis, as in Missouri? That is closer than Oxford,
      if less fun to visit and about as likely for a commute. I will keep
      looking around the website and see if they have special events or lectures
      on tape.

      The closest college here is Western Connecticut State University, and it
      does have some good courses. Fordham has delicious offerings, but it's
      rather far for regular commuting.

      Thank you, Jane, for the good observations earlier. How many folks onlist
      have gone back to college post-kids? Have you found that your minds were
      different? I seem to have developed at least some of the critical thinking
      I lacked, but I still need to learn basic rhetoric (hence the rambling
      emails) and the ability to draw my own conclusions. Well, perhaps first I
      should go to E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, if Michael Bugeja is still
      there. I've long been a fan of his (I'm not sure if he still does a poetry
      or poetics column in Writer's Digest magazine, but he used to).

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia