Re: [mythsoc] Shippey's Road

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2003
      In a message dated 11/1/2003 12:07:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      lizziewriter@... writes:

      > Is Prof. Shippey still hale and teaching, that I could write to
      > him?

      It appears so. Here's his academic homepage:

      <A HREF="http://www.slu.edu/colleges/AS/ENG/faculty/shippey.html">http://www.slu.edu/colleges/AS/ENG/faculty/shippey.html</A>

    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2003
        It appears so. Here's his academic homepage: >>

        Thank you, Wendell. St Louis, as in Missouri? That is closer than Oxford,
        if less fun to visit and about as likely for a commute. I will keep
        looking around the website and see if they have special events or lectures
        on tape.

        The closest college here is Western Connecticut State University, and it
        does have some good courses. Fordham has delicious offerings, but it's
        rather far for regular commuting.

        Thank you, Jane, for the good observations earlier. How many folks onlist
        have gone back to college post-kids? Have you found that your minds were
        different? I seem to have developed at least some of the critical thinking
        I lacked, but I still need to learn basic rhetoric (hence the rambling
        emails) and the ability to draw my own conclusions. Well, perhaps first I
        should go to E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, if Michael Bugeja is still
        there. I've long been a fan of his (I'm not sure if he still does a poetry
        or poetics column in Writer's Digest magazine, but he used to).

        Lizzie Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia