Re: [mythsoc] Observations from the web

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2003
      I think perhaps Diane misread the message slightly? The poster was making
      a snide criticism of the game designers. The game designers were claiming
      that their game was based on the book, not the movie. They pointed to
      their inclusion of Bombadil (who is, as Diane notes, in the book but not in
      the movie) as proof of this. But the poster was amused to note that the
      game also made Rosie a barmaid, which (as Susan notes) is in the movie but
      not in the book. All clear now?

      And Susan wondered once why I go to the movies. Well, see, if I didn't
      know the movie, I wouldn't have gotten the poster's joke.

      - David Bratman