Review of _The Eye of Night_

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2003
      I was reading my St. Anthony Messenger magazine the other day (a very middle of the road, family Catholic magazine) and was delighted to find in the book review column a review of Pauline J. Alama's _The Eye of Night_. I don't recall ever seeing a novel reviewed in this column before, much less a fantasy novel. The reviewer, Barbara Beckwith (book review editor for the magazine), said she rarely reads fantasy but she really liked this book. Yay, Pauline!

      Berni

    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2003
        Cool! As I recall, I think you may have said before that this publication
        is not available online; could you summarize the review for the terminally
        curious? ---djb

        I was reading my St. Anthony Messenger magazine the other day (a very
        middle of the road, family Catholic magazine) and was delighted to find in
        the book review column a review of Pauline J. Alama's _The Eye of Night_.
        I don't recall ever seeing a novel reviewed in this column before, much
        less a fantasy novel. The reviewer, Barbara Beckwith (book review editor
        for the magazine), said she rarely reads fantasy but she really liked this
        book. Yay, Pauline!

        Berni

        http://mail2web.com/ .
      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2003
          From: <dianejoy@...>

          > Cool! As I recall, I think you may have said before that this publication
          > is not available online; could you summarize the review for the
          terminally
          > curious? ---djb

          Actually, this magazine (St. Anthony Messenger) is online. Here's the link
          to the list of book reviews:
          http://www.americancatholic.org/Messenger/Nov2003/Books.asp I've already
          recycled my copy at church. It mostly just talked about the plot. No big
          analysis, just a hearty recommendation from the reviewer. I also liked the
          cover article about Fr. Dominic who had his own TV show about baking bread.

          Berni