RE: [mythsoc] Tolkien in pop lit

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2003
      At 11:08 AM 10/22/2003 , Janet Croft wrote:
      >Is this a semi-autobigraphical novel? Phillip Norman, I'm assuming the same
      >one, did interview Tolkien in 1967

      So he did. It is the same person; I'd forgotten about that interview,
      which was not a first but one of the later of a small cluster of newspaper
      interviews that appeared in 1966-67. If this novel is
      semi-autobiographical, it tells me MUCH more about Mr. Norman than I ever
      wanted to know.

      - David Bratman