The Shippey Road

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2003
      Does anyone know if Shippy's Road is in hardcover in the updated edition?

      I got my copy from amazon.com, and I just checked, they only have ppbk. I
      got ppbk too.

      Started reading it recently and it is thicker going than Author of the
      Century. Am I in for a good ride of which I will forget 90%, or does it
      sort of ease up a bit as it goes along? I do love the language (philology?
      history?) stuff, it's probably what I really enjoy about Tolkien (besides
      the jewelry), but too many new things on each page mean I'll retain hardly
      any of it.

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia