Mythic Passages--the Mythic Journeys Newsletter, October 2003

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2003
      FYI...

      Edith L. Crowe
      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
      http://www.mythsoc.org
      ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 10/17/2003 11:34 AM -----

      Mythic Passages <newsletter@...>
      10/14/2003 09:16 PM

      To: <newsletter@...>
      cc:
      Subject: Mythic Passages--the Mythic Journeys Newsletter, October 2003

      The third issue of Mythic Passages, the newsletter of Mythic Journeys 2004
      and the Mythic Imagination Institute, is now online at:
      http://www.mythicjourneys.org/passages

      We have big news this time. First, REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE (at a
      special discounted rate through November 1, 2003) and we've officially
      launched our new Web sites:
      http://www.mythicjourneys.org
      http://www.mythicimagination.org

      Plus, we're especially proud of this issue, because it features articles
      and
      reviews by Sam Keen, William Doty, and Dennis Slatterly, as well as two
      looks at fantasy as myth, one featuring mythopoeia and Tolkien, the other
      focusing on shamanism in Terri Windling's "The Wood Wife."

      We're also introducing a calendar of events designed to keep you up to
      date
      with mythic performances, conferences, book signings, classes, and
      workshops
      all over the world.

      You'll find a progress report and update on our conference
      and performance festival in celebration of the Centennial of Joseph
      Campbell's birth. You'll also find book reviews, links and resources,
      poems,
      and more.

      To continue to receive these bimonthly notices (if , for example, someone
      forwarded this to you), please be sure to joinour mailing list on the
      Mythic
      Journeys Web site:
      http://www.mythicjourneys.org

      To have yourself removed from the mailing list, send an email to
      newsletter@...

      We
      are, after all, a non-profit organization, and we need your support. Every
      Mythic Journey depends upon unexpected helpers and boon companions. We'd
      be
      sincerely grateful for the help.

      You're receiving this newsletter because you registered on our Mythic
      Journeys conference Web site (http://www.mythicjourneys.org
      <http://www.mythicjourneys.org/> ) for information, because you wanted to
      volunteer, or because someone you know thought you might be interested and
      was kind enough forward it along to you. This newsletter will keep you up
      date about Mythic Journeys and other Mythic Imagination programs, but we
      also hope it will have other content that you'll find interesting.

      We'd like to hear what you think. If you have any comments about this
      newsletter or its contents, please write to John Adcox at
      john@... or call us at (404) 832-4127.

      Mythic Journeys 2004
      June 3-6 Atlanta, Georgia

      Our rich cultural heritage of myth, story, and ritual scatters breadcrumbs
      that guide us through the dark forests of life. Their archetypal patterns
      hide clues for finding meaning in an increasingly dangerous world, and
      provide metaphors for inspiring art, poetry, conflict resolution, mental
      well-being, and personal growth. Join us as we bring together some of the
      very best minds working to keep myth alive for a festival of
      conversations,
      performances, and workshops in celebration of the centennial of Joseph
      Campbell's birth.

      Be astonished, be transformed. The journey will be amazing.

      Mythic Passages is online at: http://www.mythicjourneys.org/passages

      (c) Copyright 2003, Mythic Imagination Institute