Tamora Pierce's work

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2003
      I don't think that she's come in for enough discussion to claim that there's any "general opinion" about her work in the MythSoc or even on this list. However, her books have certainly been discussed in our
      Children's Fantasy apa, "Once upon a Time," and several have been finalists for the Mythopoeic Fantasy Award/Children's division in past years. I think that these two series have been discussed less than some
      of her more recent books, like the "Circle of Magic" and "The Circle Opens" and the quartet starting with _First Test_ and _Page_, etc. I was quite impressed with the "Circle of Magic" books, haven't read all
      of the sequel quartet, and much less impressed with the earlier book I'd read from the "Immortals" series.

      --

      David Lenander, e-mail: d-lena@... web-page: http://umn.edu/~d-lena/OnceUponATime.html