Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1379

  • tedsherman@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2003
      Lizzie,

      Yes, read Susan Cooper's _Dark Is Rising_ sequence. It's the materialistic,
      now is all there is approach, but it isn't nearly as strident or dogmatic as
      Pullman's _His Dark Materials_.

      Ted
      ------------------------------
      Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
      Mythopoeic Literature
      Associate Professor of English
      Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      615 898-2653 Office
      615 898-5098 FAX
      tsherman@... Office
      tedsherman@... Home

      > From: "Elizabeth Apgar Triano" <lizziewriter@...>
      > Subject: Re: RE: Re: Pullman and beyond
      >
      > OK,
      >
      > So I have another question, not really unrelated.
      >
      > Let's say that one wanted to read a successful take on the
      > materialistic-morality POV. Not that there is nothing out there at all,
      > but perhaps there is no personal God, or no Personal Savior, or no life
      > after death. So you can have synchronicity or karma or whatever you call
      > it, but on the whole what good you do here is what good there is, and it
      > has its many ripples regardless. Same for evil. Perhaps this is a New
      Age