Re: [mythsoc] Re: Pullman

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 8, 2003
      In a message dated 10/8/2003 6:32:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
      lizziewriter@... writes:

      > What do we think?

      I think you ought to read it for yourself, Lizzie. Aelfwine is right about
      the failings that become evident (Imo).

      Yes, these failings will become more visible to those who are annoyed by the
      drumfire of anti-God rhetoric. But in all seriousness, I was absolutely blown
      away by the first volume ("Has someone of Lewis/Tolkien stature finally
      appeared?"); disappointed by the second; deeply disappointed and even bored by the
      third.

      And my goodness, the =conclusion=! Maybe I shouldn't give it away here, but
      it's a colossal downer, which seems particularly unfair in an author who has
      been preaching "grab the gusto, because this life is all that you get."

      Diamond Proudbrook

    • Larry Swain
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 16, 2007

        > Yes, particularly sex - after all, that's the only point when God
        > saw that it was "very good" - after woman was created to be a
        > suitable partner for man. {grin}

        A minor correction here: there are 2 points when God says "very good" in Genesis 1, after the third day and after the sixth. In Genesis 2 when we speak of the specific creation of woman as a partner suitable for the man, there is no such declaration.

        That doesn't affect your point, just a "point of information".

        Larry Swain