Re: [mythsoc] Re: Pullman

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 8, 2003
      > Huh? Either all such judgements are subjective or they are not.
      > Including yours!

      I said that "all such judgments as 'like' or 'dislike' are ultimately
      subjective"; I did not say that there are no objective criteria. "Like"
      and "dislike" are inherently subjective terms and concepts.

      > Pullmang leaves me cold; others love is writing. Both are subjective
      > opinions -- neither is more correct than the either is.

      Who ever said otherwise? In fact, what I_actually_ said implies this
      inescapably.

      Sheesh.
    • Larry Swain
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 16, 2007

        > Yes, particularly sex - after all, that's the only point when God
        > saw that it was "very good" - after woman was created to be a
        > suitable partner for man. {grin}

        A minor correction here: there are 2 points when God says "very good" in Genesis 1, after the third day and after the sixth. In Genesis 2 when we speak of the specific creation of woman as a partner suitable for the man, there is no such declaration.

        That doesn't affect your point, just a "point of information".

        Larry Swain