Middle Earth for Dummies

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
      Yep a New book - The Origins of Tolkien's Middle Earth for Dummies by
      Greg Harvey. We don't need it, but borderline people may use it as a
      cheat sheet. The info is here -
      http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0764541862.html
      There is a pdf of the first chapter. Greg Harvey seems to have done his
      homework. I skimmed it and didn't notice anything that made me cringe.

      Still if you know someone who "never read the books" but saw the movies
      and wants to know more, this is as good a place as any to pick up some
      facts. May be it will even get them to read the books! <g>

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
        Hey, I wanna see this book!! I bet it will be featured prominently at the
        bookstores, it'll probably sell real well.

        If you're not kidding I mean.

        Lizzie Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2003
          It's Real! I'm Not Kidding! I got the word from my Dummies monthly
          e-mail list and had to go check it out. See my original e-mail for link
          to the Dummies website and the book. You can even read the first chapter
          there.

          Mythically yours,
          Lisa