Of Scholars, a sword and Gatherings! Oh My!

  • herenistarion
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2003
      Dear Friends,
      We have a bit out of touch since meeting at MythCon, we have a
      number of projects that need tending too, work ,school yada yada
      yada...you all know life the universe and everything and how busy it
      can keep you...
      Anyway we wanted to thank you all for taking part in our Sting Raffle
      Drawing, unfortunately for those of you who took part in it, a 12
      year fan went home with it on Sept 20th during our Bilbo and Frodo
      Birthday event.
      www.herenistarion.org/events/html
      Check out the pictures he is dressed as Aragorn, made it himself, we
      were all impressed.

      Onto the Scholars part, as you all know we are conducting all the
      academic programming at December's Gathering of the Fellowship event
      www.herenistarion.org/GOTF.html

      In order to help the cause to Proliteracy Worldwide our sponsoring
      charity and the costs of the event Heren Istarion has put up 2 fine
      items for auction. An autographed Fellowship of the Ring lithograph
      by the Hildebrandts and an autographed Glass Hammer Middle Earth CD
      www.herenistarion.org/Herenauction.html

      Also if MythSoc would like a to have a presence at The Gathering, a)
      their are fan and vendor tables available or b) send us a shipment of
      flyers (we have sold right now 1500 tickets) to have in our
      programming area aptly named Bag End.

      In Fellowship,
      Anthony and Jessica
      www.herenistarion.org