Re: [mythsoc] OT: that Stardust question

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2003
      I heard that Neil states that the novel isn't nearly as good without the
      illos. So I would say that YHO is right on. He _is_ the Writer so he
      should know <g>. But I haven't been able to get hold of the illustrated
      one yet, so I only have Neil's words to go on.

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa

      Deidre wrote:

      >The reason that I asked if folks here had read the Stardust graphic novel
      >is that, for me, Neil's words and Charlie's artwork/illos go hand in hand.
      >But that JMHO and YMMV. I do have a copy of just the novel, but have never
      >bothered to read it. It wouldn't seem the same to me without the illos. :(
      >All that being said, I like Neil's writing very much. And adore Vess'
      >artwork. <g>

    • Deidre
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
        At 01:19 PM 10/6/03 +0000, Lisa wrote:
        >Message: 2
        > Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 15:52:32 -0700
        > From: Lisa Deutsch Harrigan <lisa@...>
        >Subject: Re: OT: that Stardust question
        >
        >I heard that Neil states that the novel isn't nearly as good without the
        >illos. So I would say that YHO is right on. He _is_ the Writer so he
        >should know <g>. But I haven't been able to get hold of the illustrated
        >one yet, so I only have Neil's words to go on.

        Nice to hear this! Really need to start reading the NG list again. *smiles*
        As for the illustrated Stardust, try your local comic book store. It came
        out as a nice-sized graphic novel from DC/Vertigo, and also as a
        mini-series of comic books, if this leaky sieve of brain remembers correctly.

        If you look at Charles Vess' site,
        <http://greenmanpress.com>
        there are some Stardust illos there.

        Take care,