Re: [mythsoc] The Forest of Forever and discussions of silliness

  • Joshua Kronengold
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
      Elizabeth Apgar Triano writes:
      >Humour is one of those very subjective things isn't it? I haven't
      >attempted _There and Back Again_ yet, because there has to be some element
      >of ... something subjective or funny ... about it, and I'm not sure I'll
      >like it.

      The Pat Murphy? It's interesting -- it ceases really being a Lord of
      the Rings parody maybe 1/2 the way through, though there are still
      occasional paralels...but it's one of those books that (like the Great
      Good Thing), I would have been unable to deal with had the rest of the
      novel been like the first few pages.

      --
      Joshua Kronengold (mneme@...) "I've been teaching |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
      --^--him...to live, to breathe, to walk, to sample the /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'