RE: [mythsoc] Re: Re: Neil Gaiman, Writer Guest of Honor at Mythcon 2004

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 28, 2003
      >Curiosity has killed the cat and compels me to ask if either of you have
      >read only the novel, or if either of you have read the graphic novel, with
      >wonderful illos by Charles Vess? >>

      Both. The Vess version actually works very well, but I prefer the novel itself.

      Vess and Charles de Lint have been working on a seriues of illustrated
      novels (Seven Wild Sisters.
      A Circle of Cats are the two so far) which make good use of the two mediums.

    • Mark Hall
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 28, 2003
        > >I liked Gaiman's NEVERWHERE novel, though it was plenty scary.
        >
        > The BBC is finally putting the series out on video/DVD, or so I heard at
        > Dragoncon.

        Its out as a two disc DVD version. Picked mine up via Amazon.
        The narration by Gaiman for every episode [a feature] gets a bit tiresome
        after awhile; I can only deal with it on for episode at a time.

        Best, MEH

        --
        Mark Hall
        Niigata Prefectural Museum of History

        <>
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 28, 2003
          In a message dated 9/28/2003 4:56:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
          deidre@... writes:

          > Curiosity has killed the cat and compels me to ask if either of you have
          > read only the novel, or if either of you have read the graphic novel, with
          > wonderful illos by Charles Vess?

          I read the novel and also I saw and glanced through the graphic novel.

          Diamond Proudbrook