RE: [mythsoc] Re: Re: Neil Gaiman, Writer Guest of Honor at Mythcon 2004

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 28, 2003
      Curiosity has killed the cat and compels me to ask if either of you have
      read only the novel, or if either of you have read the graphic novel, with
      wonderful illos by Charles Vess? >>

      Nope haven't read any Gaiman, just looked at some of the Sandman stuff
      while browsing as it were, around 1991 must have been, and never actually
      read any. Just talked to some fans.

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Jack
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 28, 2003
        >Curiosity has killed the cat and compels me to ask if either of you have
        >read only the novel, or if either of you have read the graphic novel, with
        >wonderful illos by Charles Vess? >>

        Both. The Vess version actually works very well, but I prefer the novel itself.

        Vess and Charles de Lint have been working on a seriues of illustrated
        novels (Seven Wild Sisters.
        A Circle of Cats are the two so far) which make good use of the two mediums.

      • Mark Hall
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 28, 2003
          > >I liked Gaiman's NEVERWHERE novel, though it was plenty scary.
          >
          > The BBC is finally putting the series out on video/DVD, or so I heard at
          > Dragoncon.

          Its out as a two disc DVD version. Picked mine up via Amazon.
          The narration by Gaiman for every episode [a feature] gets a bit tiresome
          after awhile; I can only deal with it on for episode at a time.

          Best, MEH

          --
          Mark Hall
          Niigata Prefectural Museum of History

          <>
        • Stolzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 28, 2003
            In a message dated 9/28/2003 4:56:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
            deidre@... writes:

            > Curiosity has killed the cat and compels me to ask if either of you have
            > read only the novel, or if either of you have read the graphic novel, with
            > wonderful illos by Charles Vess?

            I read the novel and also I saw and glanced through the graphic novel.

            Diamond Proudbrook