Re: Griffins, griffins ggg "gryphons"

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 27, 1999
      In a message dated 12/27/99 7:01:19 AM Central Standard Time,
      ERATRIANO@... writes:

      > << Why are you so fond of griffins/gryphons, Lizzie? >>
      > Why do you ask, Mary? What do you like?

      Just out of curiosity. I've known people who loved dragons, or unicorns, but
      not griffins. I don't know that I have any particular preference of this
      kind.

      Mary S
    • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 27, 1999
        In a message dated 12/27/1999 11:08:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        Stolzi@... writes:

        << I've known people who loved dragons, or unicorns, but
        not griffins. I don't know that I have any particular preference of this
        kind. >>
        Oh, well, I should mention that Griffins aren't my First choice.. they are
        just popping up in my life all of a sudden, kind of, again. I like most of
        the mythical beasties, plus a few D&D critters I suspect don't exist in real
        mythology, plus of course my own creations and pastiches (is that the word?).

        Lizzie
      • Diane Baker
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2000

          Steve wrote:

          > From: Steve <sschaper@...>
          >
          > On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, you wrote:
          > > From: ERATRIANO@...
          > >

          > > anyone get any good books for Christmas?
          > >

          > The Ted Nasmith illustrated Silmarillion, Myths and Legends of Brittain, The
          > Rise of Christendom, and The Pity of War
          All look marvelous, though I'd be most interested in the first two.
          Ted Nasmith is incredibly good. ---djb.