Tolkien Event in Northern Ohio

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2003
      Forive me if I sent this out before...I hope not. FYI. Event includes
      presentation by Tom Shippey.

      Edith L. Crowe
      Acting Head, Reference & Academic Services
      Art & Humanities Librarian
      San Jose State University Library
      http://www.sjlibrary.org
      (408) 808-2037

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
      http://www.mythsoc.org
      ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 09/23/2003 08:38 AM -----

      dtgreen <dtgreen@...>
      09/18/2003 06:59 AM

      To: ecrowe@...
      cc:
      Subject: Tolkien Event in Northern Ohio

      Dear Ms. Edith Crowe,
      I am emailing you in regards to an email I recieved from Prof. Mike Foster

      from the Tolkien Society. I had emailed him to let him know of an event
      coming
      up in late November that all Tolkien fans would appreciate, and he
      suggested I
      let you, and the Mythpoeic Society know as well. I'd
      give you all the details but this website will explain all...
      www.csuohio.edu/lotr/
      The highlights are as follows: Two days, the first being a lecture series
      keynoted by Tom Shippey, Author of "J.R.R. Tolkien Author of the Century."
      The
      second day involves a viewing of the "Two Towers" Extended Edition,another
      set
      of lectures, and then an all night marathon reading of "The Return of the
      King," in the oral tradition. On the website included you will find
      contact
      info and full details. I thought it would be good to let you know, and if
      you
      could pass the info down the pipe line through your 'smial', it would be
      great. I'm hoping that the society can make it to this event, it would be
      great.
      As for me, I am an English major with a minor in Ancient, Medieval and
      Renaissance Studies at Kent State University in Ohio. I am not
      coordinating
      this event, I'm just trying to tap all the Tolkien resources I can for
      such a
      great idea. The contact for this event can be found on the website above.
      Thanks for your time,
      Regards,
      Daryl Green