Tour of Middle-earth

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2003
      Passing along a message re tour of LOTR film locales.

      Edith L. Crowe
      Art & Humanities Librarian
      San Jose State University Library
      http://www.sjlibrary.org
      (408) 808-2037

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
      http://www.mythsoc.org
      ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 09/09/2003 04:41 PM -----

      "The Wombat" <jfinder@...>
      09/09/2003 12:45 PM

      To: <ecrowe@...>
      cc:
      Subject: Tour of Middle-earth

      Dear Ms. Crowe,

      Belike you can help an acquaintance of mine.

      Janet Coyle is putting together a tour of the film locales for
      TLOTR. Below is a short post I've put together. If you could post it so
      everyone could see it, maybe Ms. Coyle will get the 25 persons needed for
      the trip.

      Much thanx.

      Pippin
      ----------------
      Dear Hobbits, Elves & Wizards,

      This is a Middle-earth Travel Alert:

      Janet Coyle of Pacific Pathways Tours, www.pacificpathways.com , &
      a native New Zealander, is arranging a tour of Peter Jackson's New
      Zealand over 7-25 January 2004. Michael Stanton will be the tour
      scholar. He is Professor Emeritus of English at the University of
      Vermont. Among the courses he taught was one on "The Lord of the Rings."
      He is the author of "Hobbits, Elves & Wizards" from Palgrave/Macmillan.

      This service brought to you by the Numenorean Travel Agency. Please
      reference NTA when booking your reservations. Thank you.

      Yours sincerely,

      Numenorean Travel Agency
      ATTN: Thain Peregrin Took II
      1 Minas Tirith Blvd.
      Osgiliath, C.o.t.S. 100002
      Gondor, R.K.
      -----------------

      Janet will appreciate any help you can give the tour.

      Ciao & teggeddizzi! May the Ghreat Wombat smile on you!

      Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo!

      Pippin
      wombat@...

      Thain Peregrin Took II
      Great Smials
      Tookborough, The Shire

      ***Save the Wombat! http://www.yaminon.org [Listen to the music, see the
      pics!]

      When the Information Superhighway slows to a crawl or stops, you are
      experiencing "BYTELOCK!" I coined BYTELOCK on 17 July 1997. Please use
      BYTELOCK, but DO cite the source. I would like to get into the
      dictionary.

      If you are interested, you can find a summary of my travels in Australia
      from 16 AUG 1999 to 4 FEB 2000 at
      http://www.lastsfa.org/finder/wombats_wanderings.html

      ALBACON 03, 10-12 OCT 03, Lake George, NY, USA; http://www.albacon.org