Andromeda

  • Steve Schaper
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8 8:36 PM
      Daran,

      Andromeda started out with potential, until Minnesota native "Dylan
      Hunt" sent them packing for being too intelligent.

      Then there was a year when the scripts were just -horrible-, and they
      got rid of The Long Dark beginning, which has a nice tradition in SF.
      Hunt is the least interesting character, the others, including the
      departed Rev. BEM were much better.

      There were some signs that the story arc is back, and that is a good
      thing, but they are still using made up quotes at the beginning, instead
      of historical quotes that tied into the story and made you think, as
      they had previously done.

      The show is an interesting critique of Randroidism, but the only
      alternative they offer is the lame Trek humanism.
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8 9:49 PM
        It's my understanding the show is already renewed

        darancgrissom@... wrote:

        It was't renewed. Its original contract was for
        three years, of which this
        year is the third. However, given its status as the
        number one sci fi show
        in the world it will probably continue for at least
        a fourth.

      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9 8:03 AM
          Ack! How could I forget "Tir Anasazi?" I hate having memory holes! [DJB
          takes a moment to contemplate the image of Tir, sighs with contentment.]
          Ah, now I feel so much better!

          [Except you've got to consider what a total *Jerk* he would be to live
          with!]

          I, too, liked the idea of the ship as a character. I haven't figured
          Trance out yet; I'd love to see an ep which concentrates on her and shows
          us just what did happen when she changed! If I missed that this year, let
          me know.

          From: darancgrissom@...
          Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 02:23:29 -0700
          To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [mythsoc] Andromeda

          I have recently begun work on an essay that talks about the series Gene
          Roddenbery's "Andromeda." This television show is, in my opinion, quite
          good, despite some production problems and cost cutting special effects
          reusage. My question, which is rather open, is how does the members of
          this
          list, those that have seen it, feel about it? Mostly in regards the
          character types selected for the main cast; Dylan Hunt, Becka Valentine,
          Trans Gemini, etc. I know that a few people on this list are Babylon 5
          fans. Please do not compare in that I know that show was better. Please
          feel free to compare it to any other sci fi show past or present

          http://mail2web.com/ .

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          http://mail2web.com/ .