Re: [mythsoc] Interesting things in the latest issue of _The Lewis Legacy_

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2003
      In a message dated 9/7/2003 12:33:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
      WendellWag@... writes:

      > Little Lea, Lewis's childhood home, is on sale.

      I was looking at a photo of Little Lea just the other day in ALL MY ROAD
      BEFORE ME, and agreeing heartily with Lewis' own remark in SURPRISED BY JOY that
      his father was cheated by the builder.

      The front is the ugliest, most barren example of non-architecture you could
      hope to see on such a large and expensive house. And I don't think it's the
      taste of the period, I think it's just an example of Albert Lewis' hopeless
      talent for getting things wrong.

      Diamond Proudbrook