books for Christmas

  • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 1999
      In a message dated 12/27/1999 1:34:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      sschaper@... writes:

      << The Ted Nasmith illustrated Silmarillion, Myths and Legends of Brittain,
      The
      Rise of Christendom, and The Pity of War >>
      Wow, that sounds great. What kind of illustrator is Nasmith? Who did the
      myths & legends book? The Rise of christendom where? in Europe? and what
      is the war book? Which will you read first? Are these books I can peek at
      in, say, Borders, so I can know how to set my envy meter?

      Lizzie
    • WendellWag@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 1999
        In a message dated 12/27/99 8:01:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        ERATRIANO@... writes:

        > What kind of illustrator is Nasmith?

        Ted Nasmith has been illustrating Tolkien for a long time and is a regular at
        Mythcon. He's Canadian and he works in guache, as I recall.
      • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 1999
          In a message dated 12/27/99 8:30:53 AM Central Standard Time,
          WendellWag@... writes:

          > > What kind of illustrator is Nasmith?
          >
          > Ted Nasmith has been illustrating Tolkien for a long time and is a regular
          > at
          > Mythcon. He's Canadian and he works in guache, as I recall.

          He is extraordinarily good at this, in most people's opinion with whom I have
          spoken.

          Mary S