Re: Griffins, griffins ggg "gryphons"

  • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 27, 1999
      In a message dated 12/26/1999 10:52:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Stolzi@... writes:

      << Why are you so fond of griffins/gryphons, Lizzie? >>
      Why do you ask, Mary? What do you like?

      Lizzie
    • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 27, 1999
        In a message dated 12/27/99 7:01:19 AM Central Standard Time,
        ERATRIANO@... writes:

        > << Why are you so fond of griffins/gryphons, Lizzie? >>
        > Why do you ask, Mary? What do you like?

        Just out of curiosity. I've known people who loved dragons, or unicorns, but
        not griffins. I don't know that I have any particular preference of this
        kind.

        Mary S
      • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 27, 1999
          In a message dated 12/27/1999 11:08:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          Stolzi@... writes:

          << I've known people who loved dragons, or unicorns, but
          not griffins. I don't know that I have any particular preference of this
          kind. >>
          Oh, well, I should mention that Griffins aren't my First choice.. they are
          just popping up in my life all of a sudden, kind of, again. I like most of
          the mythical beasties, plus a few D&D critters I suspect don't exist in real
          mythology, plus of course my own creations and pastiches (is that the word?).

          Lizzie
        • Diane Baker
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 27, 2000

            Steve wrote:

            > From: Steve <sschaper@...>
            >
            > On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, you wrote:
            > > From: ERATRIANO@...
            > >

            > > anyone get any good books for Christmas?
            > >

            > The Ted Nasmith illustrated Silmarillion, Myths and Legends of Brittain, The
            > Rise of Christendom, and The Pity of War
            All look marvelous, though I'd be most interested in the first two.
            Ted Nasmith is incredibly good. ---djb.