9886Re: [mythsoc] More Mythcon Pictures

  • Berni Phillips
    Aug 1 5:25 PM
      From: "Croft, Janet B" <jbcroft@...>

      > Well, Amazon lists it as available for purchase in hardcover. That may or
      > may not mean it actually IS available. I don't particularly want to waste
      > my money finding out (although I would take a look at it if I could get it
      > on ILL, but only one of the libraries listed is someone we could borrow
      > from).
      >
      > JBC

      It'd be nice if there were some consistency in this. I had pre-ordered a
      book from Amazon. I got a notice from them that it was not coming out after
      all -- the same week that other people saw the book in stores. I bought the
      book at Barnes & Noble.

      (The book, BTW, was the best book of essays on Buffy that I've seen so far.
      It's _Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Philosophy: Fear and Trembling in
      Sunnydale_, part of a series on various aspects of pop culture and
      philosophy. B&N shelved it in their philosophy section. The other Buffy
      essay books are too political for my tastes.)

      Berni
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic