9871RE: [mythsoc] More Mythcon Pictures

  • David S. Bratman
    Aug 1, 2003
      Amazon is, of course, completely unreliable as a reference source. I
      presume you know that, and perhaps also that Amazon prefers not to list
      books as unavailable unless they know that for sure. Barnes and Noble,
      which is likewise unreliable as a reference source, says "Not Currently
      Available", which covers several possibilities, including just
      out-of-print, but the absence of a cover picture for such a new trade book
      should make one suspicious. Slightly more trustworthy results can be
      obtained by searching the web database of the attributed publishers
      (www.penguinputnam.com, www.prenhall.com) and finding the book not listed
      there.

      - David Bratman

      At 10:00 AM 8/1/2003 , Janet wrote:
      >Well, Amazon lists it as available for purchase in hardcover. That may or
      >may not mean it actually IS available. I don't particularly want to waste
      >my money finding out (although I would take a look at it if I could get it
      >on ILL, but only one of the libraries listed is someone we could borrow
      >from).
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic