9856Re: [mythsoc] More Mythcon Pictures

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Aug 1, 2003
      In a message dated 7/31/2003 7:32:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
      verba001@... writes:

      > >and also a pic of the crowd on Saturday
      > > night in the film lounge, intent on eviscerating Peter Jackson's LOTR
      > ("MST3K
      > > meets FOTR")
      >
      > Ooooh! That sounds fun! Wish I'd been there!

      "It would have much amazed you" - Hamlet

      But Joan, I thought you =liked= the movie! Those who passionately didn't -
      notably Bratman and a few others - were making scathing critical comments on
      script and film-making, PLUS the rest of us were doing our best to throw in
      lines and asides, MST3K style.

      I didn't think I said anything terribly funny myself, but was fond of my
      real-estate-ad when the ruined building on Weathertop showed up - "Needs work."
      Grace had her moment for "Sieg Heil!" when the figures of the Kings showed up,
      extending their hands; and when Frodo comes across the huge sculptured head
      she said (naturally) "It's Teddy Roosevelt!"

      Hugo Weaver had his lines from THE MATRIX supplied to him during the Council
      of Elrond (we had the original sound turned way down).

      We also started a drinking game - well, not really, as there's no booze
      allowed at the Sackville-Baggins center - but whenever Elijah Wood shows viewers
      that Haunted Stare again, we would chorus "Drink!!!" One could get through a
      lot of drinks that way.

      But it was perhaps Emily Rauscher who highlighted the evening. The second
      time we saw the Ring gleaming at us in somebody's palm, she commented puckishly
      "It's still round!" I mean, what else is there to say about it? After that,
      son John and others took it up and every time that dinged Ring reappeared -
      "It's still round!"

      Diamond Proudbrook