9775Re: [mythsoc] Clueless Reader

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Jul 8 7:13 PM
      In a message dated 7/8/2003 7:30:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
      bernip@... writes:

      > I have not read
      > this particular book of Yolen's, but she's a writer who I would not hesitate
      > to recommend to anyone wanting to *avoid* "filth."

      I'd agree that an incestuous mother-son relationship is not precisely what I
      long to see in children's fiction, if that's indeed what Yolen did, but then I
      am an old biddy, or geezerette as a friend of mine says.

      Even in ONCE AND FUTURE KING, White kind of skates over the Arthur/Morgause
      relationship, though he DOES say what happened; and he is not writing for
      children.

      Diamond Proudbrook