      From: Elizabeth Apgar Triano [mailto:lizziewriter@...]
      Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 6:57 AM
      To: Mythsoc
      Subject: [mythsoc] a question on female writers of male protagonists

      ... Now I have a general discussion question.

      I have these past few years read a number of books by female writers, with
      male protagonists. Several of C.S. Friedman's titles come to mind, as well
      as _Eye of Night_, and a few other titles which escape me at the moment.
      These particular male protagonists are thoughtful, reflective, and fairly
      nonviolent. Without trying to imply that men are none of these things, it
      does seem to me that women create such characters differently then men
      would, and also I have more and more been wondering whether these
      particular characters appeal more to women than they do to men.

      So I'd like to hear you guys and gals weigh in on, uh, er.... cross-gender
      writing ??

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia