8537RE: [mythsoc] Mythic art?

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Mar 3, 2003
      Jef said:

      You can see some of my work at www.marshnest.com. This doesn't include
      much of my explicitly mythopoeic
      work, but it demonstrates my style. Would love pointers the websites of
      others who are also actively
      either creating mythic images or are writing mythic stories.... >>

      I like your humpback whale. Have you done any coelacanths? snapping
      turtles? Wolverines? Mudpuppies?

      There is Joanna Powell Colbert at www.jpc-artworks.com. She has some
      interesting things. I like her Lugh.

      Susan Seddon Boulet, although gone from this earth, continues to influence
      many besides me. You can find her books on amazon.com and other places. I
      bet if you google her name you'll find a few images, and choose whatever
      site is best for your connection (I have a pokey dialup).

      Actually I have a few pagan artworks sites. I haven't checked them all
      out, but I suspect that many have Arthurian bits in them, some may have
      elves and other Tolclone stuff, but there will also be a good bit of witchy
      type stuff.

      www.poppypalin.net
      http://www.homestead.com/ethereal_art/index.html

      OK I do'nt have as many as I used to. You can find artist websites often
      listed in the artist blurb in Dancing Dragon catalog, as well as among the
      ads in the pagan magazines (SageWoman and PanGaia for example, on this side
      of the pond, and, uhm, I forget the titles of hte ones I picked up in the
      UK).

      There are also quite a few places reviving the art of icon-creation. You
      know, those spooky Byzantine things. I get regular mailings from a place
      in Vermont but of course I can't remember its name at the moment. If
      anyone is interested I will find one of my icon cards and look them up
      though. Both traditional and contemporary images are being made nowadays,
      so whichever flavor you prefer there is probably something you like out
      there.

      And here is a quiz ... hwich Mythological creature would YOU be? I have,
      depending on mood, come up as Pegasus, a dryad, and a Dragon. I want to be
      a Succubus but I guess I'm not mean enough. lol

      http://mysite.freeserve.com/Intereo_Liberi/test3.htm

      Lizzie Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia