8481Re: [mythsoc] re: not finishing

  • Ernest Tomlinson
    Feb 28, 2003
      From: "Jason M. Abels" <jason@...>
      To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 12:54 PM
      Subject: RE: [mythsoc] re: not finishing

      > 3000?! Oh, the Envy. I've gone from about 20 to 587 in 5 years. It's going
      > too slowly!

      You don't live anywhere near Seattle, do you? I can swiftly add a couple of
      hundred books to your collection; my friend Dale and I, in moving, purged
      our libraries drastically. I got rid of all my fantasy and SF except for
      the Tolkien, the Lewis, the LeGuin, two books by Brust, and a few other
      oddments. (My tastes are changing, I guess.) Dale kept more of his,
      largely though because many of his books are "book club" editions and
      essentially unsalable. So far we've had little luck in getting any used
      bookshops to take the bulk of them, even for free; Dale has managed to get a
      few hundred dollars for some of his books, mostly large hardbacks on
      nonfiction subjects.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic