7310Re: [mythsoc] Re: What's your problem with the movie?

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Jan 1, 2003
      In a message dated 1/1/2003 12:27:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      daeron@... writes:

      > I think that PJ and the script writers look at life so differently than
      > JRRT did -- so naturalistically and humanistically as opposed to
      > theologically and
      > mythically -- that they are practically incapable of understanding some of
      > the most
      > important things about the stories. That's both understandable and
      > forgivable.

      I'm interested to hear more about what you think they missed by viewing the
      story through a humanistic lens.

      As for RotK being better -- Jackson likes it the best of the three, and so, I
      believe, does Elijah Wood. I agree that TTT is a better film than FR, but I
      consider it a less successful adaptation, which makes me concerned about RotK
      on that level.

      Susan