692Harry Potter

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Sep 17, 1999
      Well, I almost feel like ordering the first book, HARRY POTTER AND THE
      PHILOSOPHER'S STONE, from amazon.co.uk to get it with the =right= name for
      the said object; they seem to have assumed American readers were dunces.

      Also I am wondering if the peculiar dialect spoken by Hagrid is the same in
      the English version. It doesn't resemble -any- dialect I've ever come across
      in books from either side of the pond, and I wondered if the editors had
      tried to tidy up Hagrid's speech for the American reader.

      All for this owl,

      Mary S
    • Show all 100 messages in this topic