672Re: Harry Potter, a few remarks

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Sep 16, 1999
      Hi

      This is what I know. It is being sponsored by Hicklebee's Children's Books in
      Willow Glen and the Santa Clara County Reading Council. Harold's teacher, Mrs.
      Funke, is a member of the Reading Council.

      To get tickets from Hicklebee's you needed to stand in a long line (some people
      for days), to get a chance at a ticket. This is Star Wars on a a literary scale,
      folks! It got coverage in the newspaper and on local TV and everything. For a
      Book! Yeah!

      The event itself is taking place at the Willow Glen High School (renamed
      Hogwarts School for the occasion <g>) Cafeteria on October 28 at 6:30 pm.
      Tickets are $20 and include a copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
      which J.K. Rowling will sign.

      Major Note: They strongly recommend that you bring a child. This event is for
      children. We adult fans must find a child is necessary. Rent a niece or nephew
      or neighbor's kid if needed. But please bring a kid! Scholastic and the SCCRC
      want to encourage kids to read, that is the function of this book
      reading/signing.

      Luckily, as a mom, I come fully equipped.

      Mrs. Funke still has a few tickets. E-mail me privately if you want to go.

      For those of you in the rest of the country, see if your local Children's
      Bookstore is sponsoring a reading/signing. Scholastic seems to be working with
      Children's Bookstores and Literacy Groups.

      Yours in service to Fandom

      Lisa

      Staci Dumoski wrote:

      > From: Staci Dumoski <unicorn@...>
      >
      > Hey, Lisa,
      >
      > Could you tell me more about the J.K. Rowlings event here in San Jose?
      > I'm local, and would be interested in attending.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic