6659Re: [mythsoc] Help on LOTR type inscription

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Nov 16, 2002
      I received a "hope this helps" on another list with the following - the
      website may be of interest to some:

      "Try the Grey Company website at <A HREF="http://www.grey-company.org/">http://www.grey-company.org/</A>

      "The entire site is related to the elvish language as originally concieved by
      Tolkein. It has a really nice elvish font style too! Additionally, for free
      download, there are both an elvish phrase dictionary and a regular dictionary
      too.

      "Here's some examples from the Phrase book

      A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting
      Elen sila lumenn omentilmo

      My heart sings to see thee
      Cormamin lindua ele lle

      Don't talk about what you have done (or what you are going to do). (Do
      it and let it speak for itself.)
      Uuma quena en'mani lle ume (ri'mani lle umaya). (Uma ta ar'lava ta quena
      ten'irste'.)

      Fair winds
      Vanya sulie

      May the leaves of your life tree never turn brown
      Aa' lasser en lle coia orn n' omenta gurtha

      May the wind fill your sails
      Aa' i'sul nora lanne'lle

      May thy paths be green and the breeze on thy back
      Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle

      The bones of our foes will gleam under the sun
      I'narr en gothrim glinuva nuin I'anor "

      And I (Diamond Proudbrook again) add:

      for SOME girlfriends, maybe

      "The bones of our foes will gleam under the sun"

      would be just the ticket? :)

      DP