      From: "Marion VanLoo" <HSVanLoM@...>
      To: <pdisante@...>; <tedsherman@...>
      Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 9:02 AM
      Subject: Virus possible

      Someone sent me a virus, which I found on my computer, and you now may have
      it. This virus called (jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or MacAffee.
      It sits dormant for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent
      >automatically by messenger and by address book whether or not you sent
      >e-mails to your contacts.

      Here is how to get rid of the virus.
      >1. Go to Start Icon lower left hand corner of your screen, and click on
      >"Search file or folder" option or the "find" option.
      >
      >2. In the file/folder option type the filename: jdbgmgr.exe
      >
      >3. Be sure you search your C drive and all sub folders and other drives you
      >have.
      >
      >4. Click find or search. this will tell you where the file is. I found it
      in
      >C:/Windows/System
      >
      >5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
      >IT!!!!!
      >
      >6. Right click on the file and choose "Delete"
      >
      >7. It will then go to the recycle bin. Empty your recycle bin.
      >
      >If you find the virus you must contact all the people in your address book
      >so they can eradicate it in their address books as well.
      >
      >To Do This:
      >
      >A. Open a new e-mail message
      >B. Select write or forward E-mail
      >C. Select every name in your address book for the message to go to
      >D. Copy this message to your email and send.

      Many apologies for this,
      Marion
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic