6368Derb on Turkish Delight & Narnia

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Aug 30, 2002
      "If you have read the books, you will know that in Volume Two, the White
      Witch seduces young Edmund into her service by feeding him Turkish Delight.
      When we reached that part, the kids naturally wanted to know what Turkish
      Delight was. I told them it is a delicious type of candy found only in
      England (and presumably Turkey). This excited their curiosity. Undeterred by
      the example of the wretched Edmund, they wanted to try some."

      -- more at <A HREF="http://www.nationalreview.com/derbyshire/derbyshire083002.asp">John Derbyshire August Diary </A>