6257Re: Arthurian

  • jchristopher@tarleton.edu
    Aug 6, 2002
      >Message: 3
      > Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:17:09 EDT
      > From: jamcconney@...
      >Subject: Re: Arthurian fiction
      >
      >I'm doing a study of contemporary Arthurian fiction--novels, drama, even
      >short works (though I despair of ever tracking most of them down)
      >written/published in the past 25 years (give or take a bit).
      >
      >At any rate, I'd appreciate any suggestions, either of bibliographic lists
      >and/or individual works. I hope to be as complete as possible, though I'm
      >sure some will slip through the cracks....
      >
      >Thanks!
      >
      >Anne

      Start with _The New Arthurian Encyclopedia_, ed. Norris j. Lacy (Garland),
      I assume. I've seen other listings, but that seems (to me) the most
      complete--of course, you'll have to skim through for the modern works. The
      discussion under "Arthur" in _The Encyclopedia of Fantasy_, ed. John Clute
      and John Grant (St. Martin's Griffin), has a section on Arthurian fiction
      and and some reference books listed at the end. These are obvious, so you
      no doubt know them.

      --Joe
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic