6202Re: [mythsoc] William A. S. Sarjeant

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Jul 11, 2002
      I'm bummed. I liked him a lot. I always looked forward to seeing him again at
      Mythcons. His department is probably out doing field work on their summer break
      (that's what most paleontologists/geologists do).

      Mythically yours,

      "David S. Bratman" wrote:

      > Joan, did you see the fuller obituary on the sff.net page? URL is
      > http://webnews.sff.net/read?cmd=read&group=sff.discuss.obituaries&art=2160
      > According to the obit, which comes, it says, from a paleontology mailing
      > list (Dr Sarjeant is - was - a geologist by profession), he died on Monday.
      > Very sorry to hear this: he was a colorful and invigorating presence at
      > Mythcons, especially at the Bardic Circle, and - I was pleased to discover
      > when he kindly gave me copies of his Rockall books - a captivating fiction
      > writer too.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic