6040Re: [mythsoc] LOTR review

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Jun 3, 2002
      That is certainly not what "judge not ..." means. As moral creatures with
      conscience and Free will, we are not only allowed but required to discern
      the difference between good and evil. (I'm speaking both of the races of
      Middle-earth and our own world.) What we cannot do is determine another's
      fate. That is left to God/Eru. Osama bin Laden is evil. Sauron was evil. Is
      either iredeemable to God/Eru? _That_ is not for us to decide.

      | |
      | Ars longa, vita brevis. |

      On 6/3/02 7:53 AM, "Pauline J. Alama" <PJAlama@...> wrote:

      > I'm with Ms. Howlett. Judge not lest ye be judged, or as Gandalf says, even
      > the very wise do not know all ends.
      > pauline
      > Pauline J. Alama
      > (Bantam Spectra, July 2002)