  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    May 16, 2002
      Hey, the books are now in the top 10 of most sales lists. Right behind the
      Harry Potter books, if they will list honestly. Since the NY Times has
      decided the HP and LotR aren't "Adult" books, they aren't on their main list,
      ie some publishers convinced them to move the most popular books off the main
      list so that their less popular books could be on the NYT Top 10 list. *sigh*

      They have always sold well. Each new book has always hit the top 10 (usually
      #1). They've kinda fallen out of lists because no one needed yet another
      copy. Now the movies have introduced more people to the books, plus there are
      new editions completests need to own.

      But yes, I'd say the books are popular.

      So why do these people act like they need information about this. I think
      it's a translation problem, they are from Japan. They are trying to
      *understand* the popularity of a books, ie why do people like them so much?
      Since it is obvious from the sales of the books and movies that people really
      do.

      Frankly, I think the books speak for themselves. David should probably talk
      to them, he comes off as an educated fanatic.

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa

      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 5/16/02 10:58:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
      > ecrowe@... writes:
      >
      > > > We are looking for the information about the popularity of the book,
      > > > "the Lord of the Rings", whch was published as paperback in 1965.
      >
      > It's popular?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic