5951Tolkien as visionary?

  • Matthew Winslow
    May 9 8:16 AM
      This has gotta be a joke. But I guess it's a sign of the times that I'm not
      positive it is:

      http://www.msnbc.com/news/749507.asp

      "Some movie fans are blasting the next "Lord of the Rings" flick, charging that
      it exploits the World Trade Center tragedy. The next installment in the sequel
      is called "The Two Towers," and a group calling itself Those Affected by
      September 11 is petitioning director Peter Jackson and studio New Line Cinema
      to change the name "to something less offensive."

      The petition is here:

      http://www.petitiononline.com/twotower/petition.html

      "Nowadays we don't live in a literary generation. We live in a generation
      of lookers, not readers. That is one of our great problems as Christians.
      We are book people in a non-book world."
      --J. Alec Motyer
      Currently reading: A Song for Arbonne by Guy Gavriel Kay
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic