5927a funny Tolkien bit

  • Old.Ghost@juno.com
    May 3 4:49 PM
      Forgive me if this was mentioned previously, but:

      "The Best of Dork Tower" #1 is available at comics/gaming shops. In it,
      there is a very funny 7-page comic strip about role-players who try to
      role-play "The Lord of the Rings".

      When I first read it, I couldn't stop laughing.

      Fair warning, you have to have a sense of humor and know the minimum
      basics about LotR.

      What's really funny is that after reading the comic, I wanted to re-read
      the books again. (read 7-pages of comic strips, get urge to read
      hundreds and hundreds of pages of a story I've already read so often ...
      okay, maybe I'm *not* sane)

      And a question for the list: after reading this comic and "Bored of the
      Rings", can anyone think of other spoofs/funny takes of other major
      Fantasy, SF or other such books?

      ~ Old Ghost
      p.s., check out my underpopulated list, OGREzine, here at yahoogroups, or
      send e-mail to OGREzine-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic